Job Title : Olefins Process Engineer
Working Location : AAK, Seoul, Korea
Organization : Aramco Asia Korea
Department : Engineering & Technical Service
Recruiting Area : Domestic
Type of Recruitment : Regular employee
Detailed Description of Duties to be Performed
Olefins Process Engineer candidate must be able to work in multidisciplinary, multicultural groups and also be able to pursue work independently. This position entails:
- The Specialist primary role is to lead and provide the required technical and engineering support for the company’s petrochemical facilities, particularly in the areas of Olefins and polyolefin by utilizing the most appropriate technologies.
- Conduct process configuration/feasibility studies for olefins complexes and technologies.
- Maintain familiarity with emerging olefins and polyolefins technologies and be capable to champion the successful improvements and optimization of these assets.
- Provide support to the Company’s petrochemicals operations, evaluate new project opportunities, and benchmark the Company’s olefins and polyolefins production capabilities and assets.
- Evaluate process licensor technologies for Olefins and ployolefin by acting as lead technical consultant in comparing, ranking, and recommending the best licensable technologies for optimum production of olefins and polyolefins.
- Provide troubleshooting expertise resulting in sound, technical solutions to operations challenges and evaluate the expertise of existing and new suppliers.
- Participate in reviewing PFD’s, P&ID’s, front end engineering, and detailed engineering documents and provide technical support during construction and commissioning activities.
- Perform technical studies in substantive corporate technical issues and prepare and present reports to technical and management personnel.
- Lead and participate in the formation and implementation of olefins process KPI monitoring systems and determine ways to improve their ability to guide and maintain Company operations.
- Leverage strong technical capabilities and vast knowledge of various olefins and polyolefins technologies for the support of current and future petrochemicals projects.
- Perform due diligence and consult on potential mergers and acquisitions by advising on the condition, technical capabilities, and potential of existing assets.
- Independently provide technical advice to R&D on Product Application work in order to ensure that leading edge development of petrochemicals value chain innovations will support the creation and defense of a sustainable market advantage.
Minimum Level of Education and Experience Required
- BS degree in Chemical Engineering. MS or PhD degree in Chemical Engineering or other advanced professional engineering degree is highly desirable.
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) license or registration is highly desirable.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in petrochemical operations and engineering, including at least 5 years in olefins complex technologies.
- Able to demonstrate a solid understanding of Simulated Moving Bed technologies for selective adsorption and to explain and teach that understanding to others.
- Possess deep knowledge of olefin and polyolefin technologies and be able to champion the successful development of improved polymerization and processing techniques.
- Must have excellent written and verbal English skills with experience in developing and presenting technical reports.
- Able to work in multidisciplinary, multicultural groups and be able to pursue work independently.
- Demonstrate excellent presentation, interpersonal, and networking skills with the ability to interface effectively with other groups and disciplines.
How to apply
If you believe you meet the requirements for this role, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV in Korean and English stating your experience as well as current & expected salary.