We are looking for a Corrosion Engineer to join our Gas Operations Admin Area.
You will implement corrosion management program (CMP) and conduct on stream monitoring analyses including other detailed corrosion assessment and investigation. Also perform inter-disciplinary work during routine oil & gas facility operations.
As a successful candidate:
- You should hold a Bachelor’s in mechanical engineering. MSc in materials/corrosion science is desirable.
- You must have a minimum of 10 years’ experience in Oil/Gas Industry.
- You must have experience and knowledge in material science and metrology.
- You must have a knowledge at different NDT technology and their applications.
- You must have a knowledge in engineering aspect of welding.
- You should hold a valid NACE Specialist Certification or NACE Senior Corrosion Technologist or combination of NACE Corrosion Technologist, API-571 and NACE CP level II.
- You should be familiar with the international standards and codes NACE, ASME, API and ASTM especially inspection and corrosion standards such as API-571, API-580, API-570, API-579 and API-510.
Duties & Responsibilities
You will be required to perform the following:
- Implement corrosion management program and on stream monitoring
- Conduct risk based inspection based on API-580 methodology.
- Review and approve recommend solutions for coating failures and cathodic protection.
- Participate in HAZOP review sessions and ensure that all issues are addressed.
- Manage water treatment program and recommend solutions to overcome challenges
- Review design packages and validate materials selection based on current code and standards
- Validate corrosion controls, corrosion loops and corrosion damage mechanisms frequently.
- Assess feed composition changes and approve recommend solution to assure assets integrity.
- Develop scope and description of technology items, and lead field implementation.
- Develop and transfer knowledge about use of coating, CP, corrosion inhibitors and other corrosion controls and best practices.
How to apply
If you believe you meet the requirements for this role, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and state the job title in the subject. Please attach your CV and state your experience.