We are seeking an Electrical Engineer to join our North & Central Ghawar Gas Producing Engineering Division (NCGGPED), under North & Central Ghawar Gas Producing Department (NCGGPD).
NCGGPED handles all electrical related issues associated with gas producing facilities.
You will work with other engineering entities in the department and other disciplines as deemed necessary to enhance and resolve electrical discipline activities within the organization for operating facilities and upgrade projects as well. Additionally, participate in the organization and company initiatives including safety programs, innovation programs, operational excellence, knowledge sharing, self-development and other programs as required.
As the successful candidate
- You will hold a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, MS is preferred.
- You must have a minimum of 10 years of experience in Oil & Gas Industry.
- A Professional Engineer (P.E.) or Chartered Engineer (C. Eng.) license or registration is desirable.
- You should have the ability to develop design packages and conduct studies for electrical systems.
- You must have full knowledge of international standards and best practices such as NEC and IEEE. An IEEE membership is preferred.
- You must have comprehensive knowledge and practical experience in electrical engineering projects, design, maintenance, assessments, studies, investigations, analysis, optimization, troubleshooting, detailed reports and technical evaluations.
- You must have good knowledge and background in power overhead lines, transformers, generators, solar power, battery chargers, battery banks, Cathodic protection, heat traces, pumps, motors, air blowers, power distribution, buildings electrical systems, power metering, electrical cables, electrical material selection criteria, electrical systems sizing and power optimization solutions.
Duties & Responsibilities
You are expected to be able to perform the following:
- Design or study electrical modifications to oil & gas facilities, residences and utilities.
- Design electrical aspects of new facilities of the type mentioned above.
- Share electrical engineering knowledge, experience, and train young engineers.
- Plan, monitor and improve Energy Management and Efficiency Programs.
- Develop the department Power Reliability Programs to monitor the performance and reliability of electrical systems.
- Review engineering design packages related to electrical aspects, appropriate material selection, and cost minimization.
- Issue design engineering packages for anode monitoring and Cathodic Protection (CP) systems.
- Conduct electrical surveys, assessments and audits to the department assets related to DC battery systems, CP systems and Solar Systems.
- Develop continuous improvements solutions for electrical challenges.
How to apply
If you believe you meet the requirements for this role, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with AAK – “job title” as the subject. Please attach your CV and state your experience as well as current & expected salary