We are seeking a Linear Programs (LP) Modeling Engineer to work in the Supply Planning and Optimization Division. The Supply Planning and Optimization Division is responsible for performing optimization analyses, developing long terms business plans, performing reviews and evaluations on projects, developing hydrocarbon operations and systems strategies. The division is also responsible for performing supply and demand balances for all crude oil, gas, NGL and refined products managed by the company.
As a successful candidate you must:
- Hold a bachelor degree in chemical engineering.
- Have at least seven years of experience in the hydrocarbons industry or similar process industry. Experience must be such that the incumbent clearly understands the gas, NGL and refinery process units’ basic functions. It is preferred if the candidate has a previous experience with Saudi Aramco refining business.
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written.
Duties & Responsibilities
You will be required to perform the following:
- Run the oil & gas and refinery linear programs model to determine optimal operation of the refinery.
- Define data and work process required to maintain and update LP Models.
- Maintain the hydrocarbon linear programs model by adding or deleting process units, updating yields and stream properties.
- Add new flexibilities to insure full optimization of the hydrocarbon facilities.
- Work with operation engineers and simulation engineer to ensure that the model contains the latest up-to-date process data.
- Perform “back-casting” and issue a monthly report on the LP gap.
- Perform special economic studies using the LP model.
- Work with different operations divisions to ensure that short range operating plans are aligned with the long term plans in terms of modeling accuracy.
- Ensure that the business plans’ LP Models contains latest information and simulations required to develop each plan.
- Adapt new best practices in LP modeling.
How to apply
If you believe you meet the requirements for this role, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with AAK – “job title” as the subject. Please attach your CV and state your experience as well as current & expected salary