- Expatriate, residential position based in Jazan, Saudi Arabia
- Maintenance leadership and management of intricate refinery units
- Heavy mechanical focus but a multi-discipline background is required
- Field based maintenance focus is essential
- Refinery experience is a strong preference, although will also consider petrochemicals and other heavy industries
- Focus on preventative maintenance, extensive experience in this area is required, not Turnarounds
Saudi Aramco’s Domestic Refining and NGL Fractionation team is seeking experienced Maintenance Area Foremen to work in the Jazan Refinery on the Red Sea coast of Saudi Arabia. The post holder will work to an assigned area/unit to execute all scheduled and unscheduled activities including preventive maintenance (PM) activities, in a timely, safe and cost effective manner.
The refinery will be the most technologically advanced refinery in the world when commissioning is complete and will have the capacity to process 400,000 BPD of Arabian Heavy and Arabian Medium crude oils to produce gasoline, ultra-low-sulfur diesel, benzene, and paraxylene. The refinery is also attache to an Integrated Gasification Combined Cycle power generation facility that will utilise the heavy oil waste products to produce synthetic gas and drive a huge power train to develop 4,000MW of energy.
This is an exciting opportunity to work on a brand new refinery during commisioning, startup and operational phase, whilst receiving a comprehensive expatraite package.
As the successful candidate you will have:
- A high school diploma or equivalent with associated industrial apprenticeship
- Fifteen (15) years post-apprenticeship experience in refinery, terminal, producing facilities or similar oil handling facilities.
- Proficiency in two of the four critical crafts; mechanical, electrical, instrumentation and metals; and possess a working knowledge of the other two.
- At least five (5) years serving as group/unit leader.
- Fluency in English language (both verbal and written).
Duties & Responsibilities
You will be expected to perform the following:
- Supervise the hands-on work execution of a multi-discipline crew in the assigned unit including contractors to fully meet assigned area requirement.
- Troubleshoot complex problems that may arise within the responsibility of the assigned area.
- Work with tools and equipment when required for work completion deadlines or training for new crew members
- Deploy work crews and provides sufficient supervision to assure each assigned job is completed in a timely, safe and efficient manner.
- Assuring work is completed in conformance with quality assurance, good work practices and safety rules.
- Onboarding of new employees assigned; train employees in proper techniques, work methods, standards of quality and desired output. Explain and observe use and care of tools and equipment.
- Track the daily & PM schedule for full compliance with no overdue, working closely with the Maintenance Planner
- Train personnel to develop technical ability, follow up the assigned craft training & certification with zero overdue in the safety matrix.
- Work as a focal point of contact with the operation foreman in the assigned area to clear all related backlog in timely manner (WO, IWS, QSI, Audit, insurance, LP compliance, etc).
- Perform all applicable miscellaneous duties related to the assigned workshop as required.
- The positions will oversee a team of around 35-40 permanent staff plus contractors. The focus of the work will vary dependent on the unit assigned although the successful candidate should have experience of working on a wide variety of heavy duty mechanical equipment and their ancilliaries. This may include compressors, turbines, motors, pumps, heat exchangers amongst other equipment. Experience on such equipment is essential.
- This is a permanent, residential role in Saudi Arabia that is available on a single or family status and will hold a very competitive, tax free salary.
How to apply
If you believe you meet the requirements for this role, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and state the job title in the subject. Please attach your CV and state your experience.