We are seeking an experienced Petroleum Engineer to work with the Oil/Gas Production Engineering Divisions under our Southern Area Production Engineering Department (SAPED).
SAPED provide best-in-class production engineering solutions to maximize well productivity and maintain well integrity in a safe and efficient manner, capitalizing on inspired workforce and fit-for-purpose technologies. SAPED will be the leading production engineering team focused on technical excellence, nurturing top talent & innovation, and promoting Health, Safety & Environment, aspects.
Your role is to provide technical support relating to all aspects of oil and gas well activities in actively expanding oil and gas programs, including: well completions, safe operations, production surveillance/optimization, well intervention, and application of new technologies.
As a successful candidate:
- You will hold a Bachelor degree in Petroleum Engineering.
- You should have a minimum of 10 years’ experience as a production engineer in an upstream oil and gas industry.
- You must have experience in artificial lifting including electric submersible pump and gas lift design, installation and troubleshooting.
- You should be proficient in PE software applications, including flow simulation, tubing movement, nodal analysis, buildup and fall off analysis, PTA and production surveillance.
- You should have well integrity diagnosis experience including corrosion logging analysis and interpretations and gas compression and gas storage experience.
- You should be knowledgeable enough to devise production optimization ideas.
- You should also have stimulation and fracturing treatment experience in shallow and deep oil and gas wells.
- You must have oil, water and gas scale prevention and treatment experience as well as good well interventions design and execution experience for both oil and gas wells.
Duties & Responsibilities
You are expected to be able to perform the following:
- Prepare detailed job programs and supervise jobs in the field.
- Perform well intervention activities to obtain required well/reservoir performance data.
- Perform production optimization activities to ensure reliability and optimum well performance.
- Participate in project technical reviews and reviews proposals to ensure efficient/economic operations.
- Champion new technologies aimed at improving well productivity and streamlining efficiency.
- Develop special techniques, procedures, test and evaluate new technologies to enhance production and safety of wells.
- Serve as consultant on production facility, operating problems and complex workover operations.
- Provide technical support to Oil and Gas Producing department on production optimization and well integrity related issues.
- Deliver technical presentations for the department, Admin Area, Business line managements and outside conferences to highlight production engineering successes and challenges.
How to apply
If you believe you meet the requirements for this role, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with AAK – “job title” as the subject. Please attach your CV and state your experience as well as current & expected salary