Drilling Engineering is currently seeking an experienced Drilling Engineer to support and direct drilling engineering functions to support complex drilling operations; and lead major drilling engineering projects that require original or unusual analysis and solutions.
As the successful candidate you will have extensive experience with Drilling & Workover rigs for all types of well construction (oil, gas, and exploration).
You will have experience to develop cost analysis, and prepare detailed workover evaluations and programs. Prepare standard development practices and procedures to ensure maximum drilling efficiency consistent with safety, economics, reservoir, and aquifer considerations.
- As the successful candidate, you will hold a bachelor’s degree in engineering, preferably in Petroleum, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering.
- You will have a minimum of 10 years’ experience in Drilling Engineering, and be clearly recognized as a Senior Drilling Engineer in your field.
Duties & Responsibilities:
You will be required to perform and demonstrate the following:
- Provide sound drilling engineering methods and procedures to be used on assigned drilling problems.
- Execute and accomplish assignments and studies in areas outlined in the scope, assuring conformance to overall objectives of all phases of drilling operations in areas including drilling penetration rate optimization, new drilling technology, and drilling studies.
- Deliver technical support for many types of drilling wells including complex multi-lateral and extended reach (ERD) horizontal oil and gas wells, HPHT gas wells, offshore and deep water, and unconventional wells. Wells include power water injections and producing wells, exploration wells and all kind of workovers including HST’s.
- Analyze advanced drilling data and the performance of new or existing drilling techniques to determine a need for or benefit from studies, recommendations, and/or modifications with respect to unit costs, and operating efficiency consistent with established operations.
- Assume ownership of relevant Saudi Aramco General Instructions and standards and, when applicable, recommend improvements to operational processes and guidelines.
- Extend training and technical support to junior engineers and ensure the sustained meeting of regional and global standards, practices, and procedures.
This is a permanent, residential role in Saudi Arabia that is available on a single or family status and will hold a very competitive, tax free salary plus a full expatriate package.
How to apply
If you believe you meet the requirements for this role, please contact us at email@example.com and state the job title in the subject. Please attach your CV and state your experience.