Saudi Aramco – Downstream vision is to produce the most highly skilled and trained professional and industrial workforce. Our mission is to provide exceptional, innovative supporting signature training programs with cutting-edge curriculum and highly effective trainers.
We are currently looking for an experienced and creative talent to provide professional consultation and expertise in designing, creating, reviewing, and evaluating program, courses, tests, and certification instruments for various sectors of the downstream workforce.
As the successful candidate you will have:
- A Bachelor Degree in Human Resources, Education or a related field, from a recognized and approved program. Master or Doctorate degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 15 years of experience in academic education, corporate training or vocational training. This should include significant professional experience leading project and organizational teams in: conducting needs analyses; selecting appropriate learning approaches, designing curricula, programs and other learning solutions.
- Experience developing instructional materials for participants and facilitators: selecting, developing and utilizing appropriate learning technologies; developing tests and other assessments; developing evaluation instruments.
- Ability to identify resources and services according to business needs, including knowing how to locate, request and manage them to complete a project or event.
- A good understanding and experience in cost analysis for projects and contracts to make cost-efficient solutions. This experience should include leadership and management experience.
- A strong background in educational psychology, adult education, evaluation methodology, educational testing and measurement, and educational computer/media/technology applications.
- Certification in education, such as a teaching diploma (CELTA, DELTA, CPLP, CTDP, etc) is highly desirable.
- Proven experience successfully leading multiple projects and/or multiple teams of cross-functional professionals throughout the lifecycle of instructional design projects, with a track record of meeting schedule, quality and scope requirements.
- Knowledge of current techniques and procedures used in the design and development of curriculum.
- Proven experience in the evaluation and benchmarking of multiple international programs of study and skills assessment.
- Proven experience developing and motivating teams through mentorship, coaching and knowledge-sharing.
- Fluent in written and spoken English, with advanced communication skills that include effective presentation skills and experience in preparing and presenting reports.
- Computer literacy with competence in Microsoft Office products (i.e. MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
Duties & Responsibilities
You will be required to perform the following:
- Participate and lead project and organizational teams in: conducting needs analyses; selecting appropriate learning approaches; designing curricula, programs, and other learning solutions; developing instructional materials for participants and facilitators; selecting, developing, and utilizing appropriate learning technologies; developing tests and other assessments; and developing evaluation instruments.
- Ensure that the Quality Management system is operating satisfactorily in the assigned section, on a day to day basis.
- Provide consultation and high-level professional expertise on proposed program policy changes and evaluation of current activities.
- Provide coaching, knowledge transfer, and knowledge sharing to peers and subordinate personnel in the division.
- Monitor contract activity for assigned projects. May prepare technical scope work and participate in technical bid evaluation and contract negotiation.
- Maintain quality control for contracted services and recommends on contractor evaluation.
- Research, analyze, and write major studies, reports, and proposals relating to future training development and evaluation developments and trends in the field, including Saudi Aramco training and the local, regional, and international arenas.
- Ensure quality measures and safety focus are included within all activities related to training materials development.
- Provide direction and professional guidance to the curriculum development project team, including provision and maintenance of operational and project guidelines to ensure that all staff are appropriately equipped for each stage of the instructional design process.
- Ensure that all operational tasks and project activities under the employee’s jurisdiction are appropriately staffed and meeting time, budget, and scope requirements.
- Provide comprehensive direction and oversight of all quality assurance activities to ensure that all curriculum and assessment deliverables meet Saudi Aramco and international quality standards. This includes newly released materials and revisions.
- Perform comprehensive review of assessment and test materials before signing off on final versions of newly released or revised curriculum content and test materials.
- Meet regularly with direct reports (if applicable) to facilitate optimal professional development, leading cross-functional knowledge-sharing initiatives and providing detailed performance feedback.
- Provide oversight of all communication between direct reports and customers (if applicable).
- Manage the communication and logistics of on-sight training initiatives and auditing all associated materials for quality and accuracy.
- Perform program-level metrics analyses to ensure quality requirements are met for program outcomes.
- Oversee or participate in benchmarking studies of multiple Saudi Aramco programs of study, in addition to studies of Saudi Aramco programs and their international or oil and gas industry equivalents.
- Prepare and present presentations and reports for various levels of management, and provides regular information on the progress of curriculum development deliverables and goals.
- Oversee or complete the design and development of placement and proficiency tests for use in Saudi Aramco facilities; performs quality assurance review before release.
- Regularly pursue professional development through the study of emerging industry trends and good practice in the fields of instructional design, emerging learning technologies, and team management, and lead the development of successful communities of practice in the field of instructional design.
- Perform other tasks as assigned, including on-site exam proctoring, maintenance and revision, and other administrative tasks.
- Report to management on any problems requiring managerial approval.
How to apply
If you believe you meet the requirements for this role, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and state the job title in the subject. Please attach your CV and state your experience.