Saudi Aramco (SA) are seeking a Senior Laboratory Scientist to join the Asset Performance & Integrity Division of Jazan Refinery Engineering Department. This is a full time expatriate residential position based in Jazan, Saudi Arabia.
The Asset Performance & Integrity Division is responsible for providing required engineering support for the Jazan Refinery Complex by assuring integrity, performance and quality of plant assets by monitoring quality of finished products, process and utility streams as per international and SA specifications.
The Jazan refinery complex is SA’s brand new refinery and will have the capacity to process 400,000 BPD of Arabian Heavy and Arabian Medium crude oils to produce gasoline, ultra-low-sulfur diesel, benzene, and paraxylene. Also attached to the complex is an Integrated Gasification Combined Cycle (IGCC) power generation facility that will utilise the heavy oil waste products to produce synthetic gas and drive a huge power train to develop 4,000MW of energy.
The primary role of the Senior Laboratory Scientist is to coordinate activities of assigned section of the refinery’s laboratory.
- A bachelors’ degree in chemistry/science/engineering from a recognized and approved program. A masters’ degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 12 years of relevant refinery laboratory experience, including 5 years at senior level in the area of specialization.
- Experience in Laboratory operations in a refinery laboratory with CDU/VDU, Hydrocracker, Diesel Hydro treater, Naphtha Hydro treater, Aromatics complex, Sulphur recovery units, Utilities.
- Experience in testing of finished petroleum products, handling testing of gasification unit, tail gas treatment unit, IGCC SRU.
- Experience in providing technical support in a refinery laboratory such as calibration and troubleshooting of instruments/equipment.
- Demonstrate experience in oil refinery lab test procedures including ASTM, UOP, Shell and APHA methods of analysis.
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written.
- Computer literacy with competence in Microsoft Office products (i.e. MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure that the Quality Management system is operating satisfactorily in the assigned section, on a day to day basis.
- Report to management on any problems requiring managerial approval.
- Review methods and write standard operating procedures.
- Check, verify, and generate analytical findings and reports in a timely manner, to maintain customer satisfaction.
- Identify training and development needs and professional challenges.
- Ensure that the final product meets specified requirements and customer needs
How to apply
If you believe you meet the requirements for this role, please contact us at email@example.com with AAK – “job title” as the subject. Please attach your CV and state your experience as well as current & expected salary.