We are looking for a Corrosion Engineering to work under Shaybah NGL Recovery Plant. The plant is located at south east of Saudi Arabia in the Empty Quarter desert. The facility extract Natural Gas Liquid (NGL) components from Shaybah associated gas arriving from Shaybah's Gas Oil Separation Plant (GOSPs) and deliver the lean gas at the required pressure to the interconnecting pipeline from Shaybah NGL Plant to GOSPs for re-injection.
The engineer will be responsible to provide technical support to operating facilities, projects, technology deployment, and talent development of new corrosion engineers. You will conduct special studies and analyses in a specialized corrosion control field, such as cathodic protection, water treatment, chemical inhibition or materials selection. Also, provide specialized technical corrosion control services and consultation.
- The successful candidate should hold a Bachelor’s degree in engineering, preferably in Mechanical major.
- Minimum of 10 years experience processing in Oil/Gas Industry, material science and metrology, different NDT technology and their applications and knowledge in engineering aspect of welding.
- Knowledge of the international standards and codes NACE, ASME, API and ASTM especially inspection and corrosion standards such as API-571, API-580, API-570 and API-510.
- Valid NACE Specialist Certification or NACE Senior Corrosion Technologist or combination of NACE Corrosion Technologist, API-571 and NACE CP level II.
Duties & responsibilities
You will be required to perform the following:
- Implement corrosion management program and on stream monitoring
- Conduct risk based inspection based on API-580 methodology.
- Review and approve recommend solutions for coating failures and cathodic protection.
- Participate in HAZOP review sessions and ensure that all issues are addressed.
- Manage water treatment program and recommend solutions to overcome challenges
- Review design packages and validate materials selection based on current code and standards
- Validate corrosion controls, corrosion loops and corrosion damage mechanisms frequently.
- Assess feed composition changes and approve recommend solution to assure assets integrity.
- Develop scope and description of technology items, and lead field implementation.
- Develop and transfer knowledge about use of coating, CP, corrosion inhibitors and other corrosion controls and best practices.
How to apply
If you believe you meet the requirements for this role, please contact us with your CV and state AAS - “Job Title” in the subject.