We are looking for a Mechanical Engineer (Stationary Equipment) to work under Uthmaniyah Gas Plant Department (UGPD).
UGP was brought on stream in 1980. The plant current processing capacity is 2.40 billion standard cubic feet per day (BSCFD) of gas. The plant products are NGL, Ethane, Sales Gas and Liquid Sulfur.
The engineer shall join the stationary engineering group within the Specialty Engineering Unit. The engineer is responsible of the integrity of all stationary equipment plant wide.
Provide daily technical support to the plant operations, projects and T&I.
- The successful candidate should hold a Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in mechanical, mostly in oil and/or gas industry.
- Hands-on experience in piping design, valve selection, material selection, pressure vessel design, and heat exchanger.
- Knowledge of the international standards and codes ASME, API and ASTM especially piping standard such as ASME B31.3, Pressure Vessel Code ASME I, II, IV and VIII.
Duties & responsibilities
You will be required to perform the following:
- Lead engineering studies related to stationary equipment by analyzing and evaluating all data pertinent to problems.
- Design new installations or modifications to existing facilities to improve quality, or throughput, work flow, or prevent losses.
- Evaluate data as to scope, effect on existing installations or systems, economic value, long-range planning and budgetary considerations.
- Develop scope and description of technology items, and lead the implementation and operation of developed solutions in the field.
- Participate in HAZOP review sessions and ensure that all issues are addressed.
- Review and understand project phases from project proposal until the filed executions.
- Develop alternatives for solving problems with comparative cost analysis and estimate costs, prepare justifications and expenditure requests as required.
How to apply
If you believe you meet the requirements for this role, please contact us with your CV and state AAS - “Job Title” in the subject.