We are seeking a Refinery Linear Programming (LP) & Economics Engineer to join the Domestic Refining & NGL Fractionation Technical Support Division (TSD)
The DR&NGLF TSD is a multi-disciplinary organization with interface to technical, and in some cases business, support requirements of Domestic Refining & NGL Fractionation Admin Area. Its function caters mainly to the technical needs of Admin Area Head, operating facilities management (4 refineries/2 NGL Fractionation plants), and drive the performances of operating facilities in executing corporate programs and initiatives towards operational excellence and value creation.
The engineer will act as a Linear Programming support consultant to solve refining engineering and LP problems, and recommend and implement enhancement to operations, and mentor new and existing LP engineers.
- The successful candidate should hold a Bachelor’s degree in engineer, preferably in chemical engineer.
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in refinery LP modeling, refinery economics, refining process technology (design/operation), refinery project techno-economic development and evaluation.
- Expertise in refinery LP, refinery economics, and refinery configuration development, technical and economic evaluation of opportunities.
- Relevant industry expertise and solid experience in refinery operation, refinery technical support, and refinery project development and implementation.
Duties & responsibilities
You are expected to perform the following:
- Run existing refineries LP models to optimize operation and recommend operation adjustments to maximize net cash margin. Also use the LP to identify margin improvement opportunities then develop the economic evaluation of these opportunities
- Participate in the technical development process from screening through closure, and develop detailed economic models for opportunity economic evaluations.
- Drive screening and validation activities to move growth proposals through the different stage gates.
- Prioritize growth proposals against investment criteria and downstream strategy.
- Determine the scope and objectives of the projects, offering commercial and technical solutions that add value.
- Conduct reviews of proposals and present briefs to senior management.
How to apply
If you believe you meet the requirements for this role, please contact us with your CV and state AAS - “Job Title” in the subject.