We are seeking a Production Engineering Specialist to join our Unconventional Production Engineering Division (UPED).
The UPED is responsible for providing technical support for all of unconventional rig-less activities, production optimization, and well integrity analysis for all unconventional wells in Saudi Arabia.
Your primary role will be to ensure appropriate well completion designs, cost-effective fracturing programs tailored to numerous reservoirs, and studies on related projects.
As a subject-matter expert you will coach and mentor other production engineers and graduates within the team.
The successful candidate should have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in petroleum engineering. MS degree is desirable, but not required.
- You will have 12 years of extensive production engineering experience.
- You will have experience in unconventional resources or HPHT/Tight Gas with a strong understanding of hydraulic fracturing.
- You will be familiar with simulation software such as Prosper, Saphir, WellCat, and MFrac (or equivalent) with the ability to perform nodal analysis.
Duties & responsibilities
You will be required to perform production engineering duties, including:
- Design well completion and propose alternatives if required.
- Design and execute quality assurance/quality control and perform post-job analysis for acid and proppant fracturing treatments.
- Perform studies and projects assuring adequacy and conformance to overall objectives of all phases of problems in areas, including stimulation, production, well design, and testing programs, reservoir flow properties, and fluid studies.
- Own the quality and implementation of optimization tools.
- Provide input to pilot design and interpretation.
- Conduct flow assurance analysis.
- Monitor corrosion and resolve paraffin-scaling issues.
- Utilize artificial lift to increase productivity of wells.
- Conduct nodal analysis.
- Implement industry best practices and share knowledge of unconventional gas assets.
- Evaluate new technologies, tools or techniques, and decide on suitability, then present, or assist in the presentation of, proposals to management, and technical and operating groups.
- Participate in project technical reviews and review proposals to ensure efficient/economic operations.
- Represent Saudi Aramco in dealing with manufacturers, vendors and outside consultants in your area of expertise.
- Prepare manuals, and train/develop engineers and operating personnel in your area of expertise.
How to apply
If you believe you meet the requirements for this role, please contact us with your CV and state AAS - “Job Title” in the subject.