- Job Title: AA CM & BC Coordinator
- Location: AAK, Seoul, Korea
- Organization (Department/Division/Unit): AA Crisis Management & Business Continuity
Requirement / Qualifications
Academic/ Professional Qualification
- Bachelor’s degree in Science/Engineering, IT, Business Continuity and Risk Management discipline as appropriate for the area of expertise for the assigned job.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in Corporate Business Continuity Planning, BCM practitioner or Crisis Management in Korean companies or foreign-affiliated firms.
- In-depth knowledge of ISO 22301.
- Strong understanding of IT and facility management concepts to support business and disaster recovery.
- Professional qualifications in Business Continuity such as Certified Business Continuity Professional (CBCP), ISO 22301 LA/LI, DRII, BCI/MBCI, local BCM related professional certificate or any similar certifications from reputed institutions.
- Working knowledge of the Incident Comment System (ICS) framework, governmental/national response framework, continuity of operations procedures, and SOPs.
Technical skills Required
- A strong analytical ability and project management or coordinating skill including leading or facilitating large cross-functional development teams.
- Proficiency in English and Korean language in both written and verbal at a level required to perform the job as described herein.
- Having institutional knowledge of the department’s operations and business functions.
- Knowledge of operational risk management and assessment, Business Continuity Management/Operational Resilience, Crisis Management is required.
- Ability to articulate the impacts of interruptions to business processes.
- Professional software skills including PowerPoint, Excel and Word. Strong understanding of local regulatory environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills at all organizational levels.
- Aptitude to quickly learn and translate that understanding into ability to deliver key elements to relevant stakeholders.
- Ability to understand and document workflows and business processes.
- Should demonstrate the ability to identify and respond to risk areas.
- A practical and proactive problem-solver. Possesses strong business acumen and is confident, mature and calm.
- Must have excellent time management skills. Able to prioritize and multi-tasks and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Should have influential people management and conflict resolution skills.
- Should be an effective communicator with the ability to handle both internal and external communication.
- Must have high standards of integrity and ethical practice.
- Autonomous and proactive.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Aware of cultural sensitivities & business practices, and able to adapt to various work environments.
- Be sensitive to the information policies with clear perception of how to handle confidential matters.
- Minimum 7 years of relevant experience within respective organization
- At least 5 years of work experience in Emergency Response, Risk Management, Business Continuity Management or Crisis Management. This experience should include participation in actual incidents.
- Big 4 and other global consulting firm experiences preferred
- Must display an ability to get along with different cultures, nationalities. Must be comfortable in dealing with different cultural practices while doing business.
- Strong interpersonal and written, verbal and presentation-based communication skills.
- Autonomous and proactive.
- Outgoing/optimistic/cooperative/result-driven personality with good problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and excellent time management and organization skills.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Serves as the focal point for Saudi Aramco, JV’s and to coordinate emergency and crisis response activities.
- Coordinate all activities of the CM &BC Dept. formed from several disciplines within Aramco Asia and external agencies when required to any crisis. The coverage area is Asia Pacific regions.
- Leads incident/operational response teams in each office to ensure that corporate crisis framework is maintained and implement in order to achieve the company’s goal of a resilient organization that is prepared to reduce the impact of respond to and recover from crisis events.
- Provide guidance, consultation, facilitate decisions and advise on implementation of CM & BC Plans. Ensures that decision makers have readily available experts to provide immediate advice on Saudi Aramco’s CM strategy.
- Maintain and improve the C&BCM program by evaluating policies, procedures and processes. Coordinate BIA, RA and BC Plan update.
- Lead the development and maintenance of methods and tools in support of the corporation’s business continuity assessment efforts.
- Identify credible crisis scenarios and ensure development of action plans and strategies to effectively manage these events.
- Operate the corporate Incident Management (IM) structure to coordinate activities between the Saudi Aramco, all Aramco Asia CM & BC Coordinators, BCM Management Teams and BCM Operational Teams.
- Establish protocols and processes for Saudi Aramco’s unified command in support of domestic JV crisis events.
- Develop and maintain strategies for employee/family assistance and support in response to incidents.
- Identify points of vulnerability in the company’s crisis management capabilities and develop and implement corrective actions (short-term and long-term) to reduce response and recovery exposures.
- Design, develop and maintain the corporate business continuity process, guidance, standards and procedures to ensure BC plans are effective for the restoration of key resources and critical business functions across the organizations.
- Facilitates the overall coordination for planning, priority setting and implementation of business continuity initiatives at BL and AA level to ensure plans are documented, updated and in compliance with applicable corporate guidelines.
- Establish a process to evaluate essential personnel, critical systems, equipment and materials required to effectively respond and recover from crisis events.
- Align emergency response-related company General Instruction (GIs)/standards to integrated response efforts and resources.
- Develop and implement crisis management training and exercises through introductory training, tabletop and simulation exercises, and management forums.
- Plan and perform drills to test BCM activation/operation. Ensure action planning and remediation activities are completed for gaps identified during exercises and drills.
- Report test results to AA C&BCM Committee.
- Receive notifications of company incidents to support the Aramco Asia Regional Offices during crisis events.
- Communicate the CM & BC plans to all levels of management, key personnel and third parties through periodic communication and training sessions.
- Completed Bachelor’s degree in engineering, IT, Business Continuity, Risk Management, Crisis Management, or related fields.
- 7 years of experience leading an enterprise-wide Crisis Management or Business Continuity Management program.
- Experience in risk mitigation, emergency management and/or business continuity planning.
- Ability to exercise convincing leadership during incidents and handle crisis situations.
- Ability to assess operational contingency plans based on threats and exposure to business operations and employees.
- Success in managing cross-business efforts and international relationship building, including directing and coordinating CM & BC subject matter experts.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with members of management, partners and stakeholders.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to make public presentations and present complex information to a variety of audiences.
- Understanding of Business Continuity testing best practice and processes.
Remarks : This position is a regular position , but all AAK regular positions are required to start with 1 year employment contract.
How to apply
If you believe you meet the requirements for this role, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV in Korean and English stating your experience as well as current & expected salary.